to learn more about God's word.

Monday, January 08, 2007

BOOK OF JOHN

okay shall quote my fav verse first.
John 12:24,25 24Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
25He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
Without Christ's sacrifice, we are nothing. But his death on Earth brought many people to believe from which more and more people became believers.
the book of John quotes many acts of miracles that Jesus had performed. many people chose to believe in these act rather than him which led to their unstable n weak faith. we should learn from the history and have total faith in him.the weak faith can be seen from chapter 6 v60-70
The promise of the holy spirit's presence with us is also something that we should learn to cherish.from john chapter 7
--37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing[g] in Him would receive; for the Holy[h] Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
And from what i learnt.. we should NEVER follow entirely a HUMAN leader.. we should ask God and have God guidance... for the jews chose to believe in Abraham as compared to the Son of God. thats why we should believe his word and always pray for guidance which will make us free. quote John 8-
31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
This is a very motivating text i saw from John 14
1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions;[a] if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.[b] 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
it tells us that if we believe and obey him.. we will have a place in heaven.. n thats veri comforting to hear (:
hmm.. i cannot concentrate fully due to my ns tmr. wahha.
oh well. to me.. the book of JOHN is basically about the love of Jesus for us. Many of us take his sacrifice for granted (me included) and continue to sin each day away even though many times the sins can be avoided. asking for forgiveness everyday for the same old sins have disgusted myself. Why can't i avoid the same sins and try to remove them from my life. maybe we should all start it today and remove our evil thoughts and foul words from us one by one.. hopefully one day we will be void of many of the sins we commit each day the past days...
hope my ns will be smoothsailing..
(:
have fun reading genesis..
n welcome our new members :D

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Ms Happy said...

WHY GOT NO TAGBOARD?

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home